Hello Friend! My name is Michelle, and I am the lady behind My Zoetrope. I am an Illustrator residing in Rochester NY with my husband, daughter, and son. I love to create quirky and happy art that will make people laugh, smile, and surprise them with silliness. People should be surrounded by things that inspire them, make them happy, and bring a little positivity to their day-to-day life, and it's my goal to convey all of that in my art! I love all things cute and super-colorful, and hope to bring big smiles and happiness to people who come across my work.
Some basic facts about me:
- I graduated from RIT (Rochester, NY) in 2002. Illustration was my major and Women's Studies was my minor.
- I lived and worked in Brooklyn, NY for ten years to pursue my career.
- I worked at a fashion company in NYC for 6 years, as a surface pattern designer for women/junior lines of sleepwear. It was fun and I got to create a lot of great work and learned a lot!
- I quit my day job in 2010 to work on My Zoetrope full-time. This was very exciting! I've been running my Etsy shop since 2007 and can't even articulate how awesome it is to connect with so many different people across the globe through my art. Super-happy face!
- I love to cook in my "spare" time (ha) and am a long-time vegan. I have recipe-tested for several published cookbooks!
- My husband and I moved back to Rochester, NY in 2014 to start a family and to be closer to our extended families.
- I'm afraid of squirrels. Sorry, I don't even draw them.